Monday, June 14, 2010

He's Got Me All Figured Out

This morning Charlie woke me like he does every morning by wagging his tail excitedly against the wall next to my bed. It is a very effective alarm for me, which sounds something like... clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk and then gets repeatedly faster if I move at all or show any sign whatsoever that I might be awake.

Anyway, I decided to get up, let Charlie out and then in, turn on the coffee maker and feed him before climbing back into bed for a few extra minutes of sleep. About 10 minutes later my alarm dog came back asking to be let out again. So, I got up, used the restroom and went to the front door where I thought Charlie would be waiting.... he was not. Instead his main objective turned out to be taking my spot in bed... and I mean all of it because he is a giant. Here's what I found when I went back in the bedroom.


Here's how he looked at me when I tried to move him...

He knows he took my spot but would not budge at all. He just looked at me with that face and I gave up and decided to get ready for the day.  He's a beast that pup and he's got me wrapped around his giant paw :)

1 comment:

  1. i love this! i told mom about it, and she thought it would be funny if Dan rolled over and had his arm around Charlie (thinking it was you). i agree, it would be pretty funny. Ha Ha :)

    ReplyDelete