Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It Tastes Like Summer!

At the grocery store on monday I saw two things that mean summer to me and had to pick them up for that nights dinner.
Cherries and Corn on the Cob!!

Dan and I have found a new recipe for Buffalo Chicken Wing Sandwiches that we've pretty much had once a week for the past month so I thought I would share. It takes about 10 minutes to put the whole thing together and it's really yummy, so that makes it a winner in my book.

I found the recipe in one of the past few month's Real Simple magazines and have modified it slightly so that it's a little less caloric.

Here's what you'll need:

  • 1 Rotisserie Chicken, shredded (if you can get one from Costco, then you'll probably have enough for leftovers)
  • 1/2 Cup of Hot Sauce (we use Wingman's Buffalo Style Medium Sauce)
  • 1-2 tablespoons butter (I tend to use less butter)
  • 1/4 Cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
  • Bread/Bun of your choice

And here's how to make it:

First heat the butter in a skillet and then add the chicken and mix it up. Then drop in the hot sauce and mix it again. Once the chicken is warmed through you're done! Just place it on your bread, which tastes even better toasted and add blue cheese.

This dish is normally awesome, but with cherries and corn on the cob off to the side, it was a perfect start to summer meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment