Monday, July 5, 2010

Instant Puppy Tears Come from This Place....


 ... The DOG RUN! Yes, beneath all of this shrubbery is an actual dog run. It sits at the side of our house and really does not get much use because a) it looked like the above photo, and b) Charlie hates being locked in it. He starts crying and barking immediately and pretty much bothers the entire neighborhood. What can I say, he is a party animal and needs to be a part of the action. Here he is in the action while I tried to photograph the space...


Anyway, we finally decided to spend some time and take care of issue a, which resulted in a dog run that looks like this....



 I know It looks so much better! Charlie still wants nothing to do with it unless someone is in there with him, but with a house as old as ours, just crossing a project or two off of our list is good enough for me. I'd like to put some sort of ground covering down around this so we don't have a ton of weeds popping up, so I'm on the look out for something pet-friendly and aesthetically pleasing. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. it looks much better ash, good work!

    i'm on charlie's side though, i would not want to be locked in there either without any humans. I plan on taking him for a long walk on the trail, where he can have all the room he wants to shake his big butt (and jump on bikers as they pass by).

    ReplyDelete