Friday, July 3, 2009

Three Years


Today is Dan and my three year anniversary of being homeowners of our house at 315! It is hard to believe that three years have already passed.

I remember when we bought it, I made a list and timeline of all of these projects I was going to be able to get done in the first year. There must have been about 100 line items on that list and I've probably gotten to about 10 of them in three years.

In a lot of ways we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into when we decided to buy a house, yet alone a 105-year old house that needs some work. There have been some near catastrophes and all of my projects can definitely wear on Dan's spirit, but it's been a really good learning experience from us and has given me a place to focus my efforts outside of work.

Knowing that this three year anniversary was looming, I recently started completing some more of the items on my to do list and hope to be able to share them on here over the next few months. To start off you can see my recent dining room painting escapade here, on the blog I share with my siblings.

Today is the start of a three-day weekend for me! I'm off to the big city in search of some dresses for upcoming wedding events. I'll update on my finds later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment